Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Valentine's Day

What do I love on Valentine's Day?? Well, Jeff tops the list - he gave me a pink 2004 Red Sox World Championship hat, a box of chocolates, and a very wonderful card that brought tears to my eyes - what a romantic guy! I love my new hat and can't wait for baseball season to start. Oh, I'm just dreaming of warm summer evenings, tuning into NESN after a hard day at work, listening to Jerry Remy and Don Orsillo make goofy and insightful comments at the same time, and watching Big Poppy hit them out.

I also love my Mountain Colors socks. I started them before leaving for Puerto Rico and finished them up Saturday night. They look a bit lumpy. I admit, I never block my socks. What's the point? I'm in too much of a hurry to put them on and enjoy warm feet!

Here's a close up of the beautiful yarn, I think it's called Twilight.
And finally, here's a picture of the Opal Elements I found in my stash. I'd forgotten that Cheryl, my wonderful knitting friend gave it to me for Christmas. It was a celebration again when I came upon it at the bottom of the knitting basket. Yippee!

No comments: