Monday, July 11, 2005

Bring Your Lunch. Save Your Pennies.


Remember this cool lunchbox from the '70's? I wish I had one now.

In an attempt to fatten my wallet and reduce my waistline, I've been bringing my lunch to work instead of buying it at the deli. I was spending at least $8 a day for a soda, chips, and a sandwich. That's $40 a week, or almost $175 a month. Yikes! (Ha, Maths, I'm not afraid of you!!)

Originally I hoped to use some of my savings to fund my full-time yarn / part-time shoe addiction. That is, until today, when I saw this. Really, you can't put a price on such a treasure, and besides, it comes with a "free" hat.

Okay, I gotta go make my lunch for tomorrow. Then I'm going to watch tonight's Home Run Derby. Go Sox.

1 comment:

Liz said...

That is a LOT of money for lunch. ($2,000 a year?!) Glad to hear you're brown bagging it. Or Fonzie-ing it. I think mine had Mork.