Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Back from the Ivy League

Sorry for the lack of posts lately, but work has been keeping me much too busy. Since Sunday I've been feeling a bit out of my element, as I attended a conference at one of the country's most renowned institutions of higher learning.

Initially, I was very interested as I arrived and admired the incredible architecture in the university building that is home to the conference. That soon changed as I sat inside a dim lecture hall listening to many very smart people for three straight days, explaining every detail of their very important, but mostly dull powerpoint slides. (I hate you powerpoint.) And to make the whole thing even worse, I could not knit. Apparently some people think knitting in this setting would be "unprofessional." Hmmphh.

But I could knit on the train. So each day began and ended with work on another Branching Out, this time using KnitPicks Andean Treasure in Lagoon. Oooooh, I just love this color! Here's where I was on Saturday...

And here's the progress as of today. Only about a half a skein to go.

And with this, my second Branching Out, I've completely memorized the pattern. Imagine what other amazing feats I could accomplish if I could only stay focused!

No comments: