Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Made Especially for Me!

Cheryl is my wonderful (but blogless) friend. She is my partner in crime, always willing to check out the latest yarn sale, despite having bins and bins of the stuff at home. She understands the allure of alpaca. She sees nothing wrong with having six sets of number 7 needles. She is the only person I know in "real life" who would appreciate this.

This past Saturday, Cheryl and I met for more yarn shopping, lunch, and to exchange Christmas gifts. When I opened my gift and saw this amazing felted tote, I almost cried. Isn't it just beautiful??

I have been knitting for over 30 years - practically everyday for the last five - and in all that time the only person to ever knit me a gift was my Grandmother. But since she preferred crochet, my knitted gifts were few and far between. Last summer, I joined sock-a-palooza two, and was so looking forward to receiving a pair of socks made especially for me, but after receiving a couple of very sweet emails telling me my socks were almost done, my sock pal vanished, leaving me with no socks, no explanation, cold feet, and a fear of ever joining another swap.

So this gift is extra special. It was made especially for me, by my very wonderful and talented friend. And I love it.

PS - Yesterday, I buzzed into my local Borders hoping to pick up a quick gift card for my brother-in-law's birthday. When I saw the long line at the register I decided the wait would be too long. So I went to the "Needleworks" section and picked up this. If I have to wait in line for 20 minutes, it will be worthwhile! And lo and behold, what do I see on page 139? A picture of MY lovely felted tote.

No comments: