Sunday, April 23, 2006

April Comes Like An Idiot, Babbling and Strewing Flowers*

Why the long departure? You've heard it all before, writing for the blog became a chore and an obligation, blah-blah-blah. Which is sad, since it began as such an enjoyable pastime, an outlet for sharing my thoughts and observations on knitting, a place for writing relaxation, an escape from my true writing chores; copywriting, value propositions, and marketing strategies.

As I re-read those words, I am more than a little embarassed and amused at my own arrogance. A chore? An obligation? While I am grateful and pleased that a small group of knitters occasionally visit, I am well aware that KnitSox is no Crazy Aunt Purl. Readers do not log in each morning to read the latest, hilarious, uplifting, or introspective KnitSox entry. Though the loyal few who occasionally stop by may have missed me for a day or two, I'm sure they quickly adjusted to blogworld without me.

Really, the obligation of writing is one that I feel to myself. I was becoming bored with my writing, which is not good. And when something is boring or uninspired it starts to feel like a chore.

With the arrival of spring and the peepers, I feel the need to start fresh and write again. So I'm back, in late April, babbling away.

* Spring, by Edna St. Vincent Millay

No comments: