Monday, October 23, 2006

Keep on Trekking

My pants are feeling a little snug. I've been making plans to join the gym. Or at least use the lonely treadmill that sits upstairs. Just 30 minutes a day would make a difference, right?

One morning last week, I walked past the treadmill, plopped my plumpness in front of the computer and took a quick check of my email. I sipped my coffee, keeping one eye on the little clock in the bottom right of my monitor so I wouldn't be too late for work. (Now that my commute is all of 15 minutes, I find it harder and harder to get there on time. It makes no sense, I know.) Anyway, there was the nicest message from Sue at Little Knits, inviting me to check out their latest yarn sale. How could I resist? A few quick clicks, a tap tap tap on my keyboard and before I knew it I had purchased enough Trekking XXL to warm the toes of all my family members under the age of 15.

Why can't excercising be this easy?

No comments: