- Don’t be so eager to please. Sit back, take things in, try to read the situation and understand the agenda(s) before rushing in to make commitments.
- Remember the priorities: family, friends, then work. Work is the thing that allows you to live your life as you desire. It should not be your life.
- Let the petty things go. Try not to be so quick to criticize and find fault.
- Do your best and be your own best cheerleader if necessary. Be proud of your accomplishments.
- Take care of yourself. Take a break, go for a walk, don’t forget to eat lunch!
- Always seek opportunities to learn and grow.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions, no matter how stupid they may seem.
- Keep it simple. Remember the wisdom of common sense.
- Listen more than you speak.
- Be friendly and open. You never know what amazing people you will meet if you just allow it.
Monday, January 31, 2005
Ten Things to Remember When I Start My New Job
Posted by Lisa at 7:29 PM