Thursday, February 17, 2005

Update - Knit Picks Geranium Socks


This picture is a little fuzzy, but here is a progress report on the geranium socks. Today, I completed the leg, turned the heel, and tonight I will begin the foot. I'm interested to see how the cable will continue. I'm already thinking of how I could revise the pattern and maybe use the entire braid down the foot next time.

The Knit Picks yarn is nice to work with, there is no splitting or snagging. The colors are very vibrant. The wool itself is not quite as soft as Mountain Colors Bearfoot, which is absolutely luscious. But with Knit Picks at almost a third of the price, I'm not complaining. Using size 1 needles results in a very dense fabric, hopefully to ensure very long-lasting socks.

Tomorrow I plan to meet with my friend Cheryl for lunch, knitting, and catching up. I will bring along all my recent yarn purchases to get her opinion. She is a woman who loves yarn maybe even more than me!

No comments: