Saturday, April 23, 2005

New to Me

I am still such a blogging virgin. It's embarrassing to admit that I've just discovered bloglines. (KnitSox has 6 subscribers - who knew???) I'm probably only just scratching the surface of it's functionality, but it is so cool to go to my account, and with a quick peek know which of my favorites blogs are waiting to be read. What else can I do with this thing?

I can't really say it's a time saver, since I just fill the found time reading more and more knitting blogs. Grumperina caught my eye. Check out her fascinating tutorial on cabling without a cable needle. Definitely not the same-old same-old. As soon as I get back to my Debbie Bliss I'm giving this a try.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I love bloglines, but it becomes such a time drain. It's easy to get waaay carried away & be subscribed to 5,000 blogs. Thanks for the link to Grumperina...that seems like an interesting way to cable.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for noting my blog and my cabling tutorial! I hope you enjoy it, and let me know if you run into any hurdles. Go Red Sox! I was in a bar last night, watching the game and knitting on... red socks! Two fans asked me what I was making... they thought I was working on mittens, but once they figured out they were red socks, they gave me a high five!