Wednesday, May 25, 2005

It's Fun To Go To a Ballgame

Last Sunday the rain threatened but never appeared and Jeff, me and my wonderful in-laws (aren't they cute!) had a great time at the game.

And will you please look at the how close we were to the action!! The baseball gods really were smiling on us.

Of course, as always, first we sat in the wrong seats. I've come to accept the fact that Jeff and I cannot decipher the code that is the Fenway seating chart. I know, I know, it seems simple enough, but for whatever reason, we must spend the first 15 minutes of every game saying, "Are these our seats?" "Are you sure?" "I don't know." "Maybe we should be over there...." "Yes, I think we should be over there..." This is another reason why we really NEED season tickets. A seat in the same spot every time would be so much easier.

At the end of the day, after laughing, cheering, eating way too much junk, and seeing the Sox win, my father-in-law said, "It's fun to go a ballgame." And my mother-in-law said, "Yes, and it's fun to go with people you have fun with."

I couldn't agree more. Thanks Mom and Dad for a fantastic afternoon.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Now, *those* are seats! Looks like even I would enjoy a ballgame if I had those kind of seats. :) Actually, I went to a minor league game once in Trenton, NJ (my mom got some box seats) and had a really good time, even though I had no idea what was going on. Glad you had a great time!