Tuesday, June 14, 2005

My Dad Always Said


...that Rome wasn't built in a day. He usually said this to my mother when she asked him when the deck, the new screen door, the shelves in the laundry room, would be finished. Dad plodded along, but in the end, his projects turned out fine. Thanks Dad, for passing this characteristic on to me. After almost five years of indecision, the walls and ceiling of my little house will be painted. Hence the messy stash picture. It's all been moved temporily to avoid damage during the "makeover".

After hours and hours of playing here, I've come up with this color for the walls (I hope the name is true), and very plain white for the ceilings and trim. Yarn I can choose in a second, paint is another story. My house is very "cozy" (realtor-speak for teeny tiny), and all the rooms except the bedrooms and the bathroom are open to each other. So all the walls will be the same color, at least for now. It took me five years to pick this, that was hard enough.

In other plodding along news, the first sleeve of Debbie Bliss is finally done and the ribbing on the second is nearly complete. I won't bore you with another picture. You'll just have to wait. But please don't hold your breath.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Pretty color. It looks very....serene. ;)