Saturday, June 04, 2005

Sunshine on My Cables Makes Me Happy


There hasn't been much talk of knitting lately on this blog, but I have been knitting. That's Wally doing his best Vanna White pose in front of the almost completed first sleeve of the Debbie Bliss cardigan. It's looks a bit washed out in the sun, but I am NOT complaining about too much sun. No way.

I love knitting cables, and this sleeve has been a treat to knit, especially since I tried Grumperina's cable without a cable needle technique. A bit nerve wracking at first, but once I got comfortable with it, I agree. A very elegant technique indeed.

And how did I get a Wally you ask? My wonderful husband went to a game recently and brought him home for me. I stayed home and watched the game on TV. And what did I see on the screen at the bottom of the eighth as the Sox rallied back for a tremendous win? I'm married to a celebrity! That's him right behind Dale Sveum's head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your cables. I haven't tried them yet, but I want to soon, and that method seems doable!