Saturday, September 03, 2005

Eating Locally, Finally


Really, I had such good intentions. Encouraged by Liz, I was fired up to take part in the August Eat Local Challenge. It seemed like such an easy thing to do, determine my goals, do a little research, and add some locally grown and produced food to my shopping list each week. And Liz was so generous with her advice and support...But before I knew it August was gone, and I felt like a failure since this was the only local food I'd eaten all month. Sigh.

But today, my Dad phoned and announced he'd be stopping by for a visit. He brought me a surprise, locally grown tomatoes and eggplant from his little garden! Thanks Dad, I may be a few days late, but better late than never. Now I'm off to find a good eggplant recipe. Yum.

No comments: