Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A Yarn Addict - The Early Days

On Father's Day, my dad visited. A week or so before I'd asked him if I could look through a few of his old photo albums. I was looking for one or two pictures of my mother.

Since Dad never does anything in a small way, he not only brought the albums I'd asked about, he brought EVERY photo album he owns. All packed nicely in a gigantic green rubbermaid tub, held together with two bungee cords to keep the top from popping off.

It's been amazing sorting through all these old pictures. Each one brings me back to a time or place I'd almost forgotten. A simple snapshot suddenly makes vivid the people, places, sounds, and even scents, that up until that moment were gone from my mind completely.

Knitters, I know you will appreciate this one. It is circa 1970. I'm proudly modeling a very lovely pink and red Red Heart acrylic poncho, made by my very talented Babchie. Without her, I wouldn't be the knitting obsessed woman I am today. She taught me how to cast-on, knit, purl, and cast-off, starting me off on a lifetime of knitting enjoyment.

1 comment:

Address Change said...

Ohh It's to Awesome
thank you for information and inspire us...