Monday, November 24, 2008

It's Not the Journey, It's the Destination

We pulled into the parking lot just as the dashboard clock blinked from 9:59 to 10:00 a.m. I was extremely grateful when I saw that ours was the second car in the lot, and that the lovely ladies at Webs would not have to actually unlock the front door for us. Something about never wanting to be the first to arrive at a party I guess.

All I can say is Wow. WOW. WOW. WOW.

For those that have been, you know what I mean. For those that haven't yet made the pilgrimage to yarn mecca, I hope you someday find your way.

It is difficult to describe how overwhelming it was to be surrounded by so many skeins of gorgeous yarn, all of which I wanted to KNIT RIGHT NOW. I'm serious. They have these lovely high tables and cushioned bar seats all around just beckoning you to wind up a skein, grab some needles off the wall display and get to work. It was hard to restrain myself.

I splurged and bought two Addi Turbo circs for sock knitting. And yes, there was just a teensy bit of stash enhancement - really I tried to control myself. Some Noro Silk Garden for a multidirectional scarf, some for me and some for my co-worker and fellow knitter who was back at the office. It is always fun to shop with other people's money, isn't it?? Some Araucania Multy for socks. Some Trekking XXL for socks. And some Valley Yarns hand dyed laceweight for a stole.

Despite the title of this post, the journey was also very enjoyable. (And it's less than 2 hours from home, who knew??) Thank you Cheryl for doing the driving and thank you Carol (the awesome crocheter) for giving up the front seat. It was a fun fun day and I am looking forward to making the trip again!

No comments: