Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Use the Good Stuff

At the last minute I decided against using paper plates tomorrow and dug all of my china and my mom's silver out of storage. This meant hours of polishing and washing today and much more hand-washing tomorrow, never an easy feat in the little kitchen of my little house.

But, in the end I realized that Thanksgiving is a all about family and tradition. And you know what, my family deserves the good stuff.

And if you think about it, eating off paper plates with plastic forks on Thanksgiving is a little like knitting with Red Heart. Nothing against Red Heart if its all you have, , but if you also happen to have a big bag of Noro Silk Garden, you tell me which you'd pick.

To everyone in the U.S., happy Thanksgiving. To everyone everywhere, happy Thursday. Make it special.

No comments: