Sunday, January 09, 2005

Road Warrior Woes

What a long day! I left the house at 7 am, drove to Logan for a 9:45 flight. Well the flight was delayed almost an hour, because we had to wait for de-icing. Finally, finally, we took off. I actually enjoyed the flight. I was able to get a lot done on a pair of socks I'm making for Jeff's birthday....shhhhh...don't tell him...it's a surprise. I'll post a pic when I get home later this week. I added a cable design to go down each side, my own adaption from what I've been doing with the Debbie Bliss pattern. Nothing fancy, but I think Jeff will be impressed.

The trip from the airport to the hotel was a bit hairy. The weather here is not what I expected. It DOES rain in Southern California, and the shuttle driver had a difficult time manuerving the huge puddles on the highway. At one point, he swerved violently to avoid another car, and I actually thought, "Oh my God, I'm going to die here on a SuperShuttle, with these strangers". Thankfully, we all survived. I gave him a big tip, just for getting me to the hotel in one piece.

It's now 6 pm in California. I must get something to eat, and then I'll collapse.

No comments: