Saturday, May 14, 2005

Sunday, Glorious Sunday

A day of rest. And I plan to take full advantage of it. So far the predicted weekend rains and winds have not materialized. If the skies stay clear I might spend the afternoon digging in the garden. Or, if it's an inside day, I can start a new sock from the Nancy Bush book.

Actually, I've started the "Friday Harbors" pattern at least 5 or 6 times. It seems whenever I start a new lace pattern, there is trouble. Even if I read through the pattern, review the chart, familiarize myself with the stitches and confidently cast-on, after a few rows things start to go wrong. A missed YO, a dropped stitch, who knows. Bottom line, I end up ripping out and starting over. And I tell myself to just enjoy the process. (Alright, sometimes there is cursing involved.)

Happy Sunday.

No comments: